Web Hosting Explained
Web Hosting allows your web site to be connected to the internet by storing it on a secure high speed web server so that its information can be viewed globally. When choosing a suitable web-host the most important considerations are:
- Reliable servers mean your website is always available. Unreliable servers will cause downtime preventing access to your site and could lead to data loss.
- Customer Support
- Can you contact your hosting provider easily?
- Speed and quality of the servers and their connections
- Fast servers and connections allow fast, efficient access to your website
- Storage Space
- This determines the number of pages and type of multimedia content your site can contain.
- Bandwidth Allowance
- Every time a visitor views a page on your website, they download some information from the web-server, using some bandwidth. The more visits your site gets and the more information is downloaded, and the more bandwidth you will require.
- Can you upgrade your account and allowances easily?
- What features are included? Do you need any particular features such as MySQl databases, Secure areas etc?
- Analysis Software
- Does the package include traffic analysis statisitcs?
- What is the cost? Are there any hidden extras?
Pixelwave Design offer a variety of Hosting packages. All provide a fast, reliable service with generous storage and bandwidth allowances and a comprehensive range of features from the best names in the industry. In addition to standard hosting packages Pixelwave Design also offer Managed Hosting Packages where I take care of the set up configuration of your hosting and ensure it runs smoothly, freeing you from the complicated jargon and 'hosting hassles'.